When you hear the word “landscaping,” we’re guessing you see images of green lawns, beautiful flower beds, and other soft, natural features.
While these are, of course, very important components of most landscapes, don’t forget about the solid, hard-wearing materials like rock, brick, and concrete. They make up the hardscape of your yard, and can serve many purposes—from practical and functional (patios, outdoor kitchens, or even boat ramps) to decorative accents (like retaining walls or outcropping stones).
At Bosch’s, we work on hardscaping projects large and small, for private residences, large commercial properties, and everything in between. We handle everything you need to transform your existing outdoor space into the beautiful, functional, mixed-use environment you’ve always wanted it to be!
Here are just a few of the hardscaping projects that Bosch’s can do for you:
Adding, Repairing, Replacing or Expanding Paved Surfaces
Looking to add a new patio to the backyard—or just make your existing one bigger? How about a new driveway, walkway, or even space for a fire pit or outdoor kitchen?
Bosch’s can help make your dreams concrete—literally! We’ll prepare the land, lay down the cement, and make sure everything looks great and won’t disrupt the natural environment. We can also help repair and replace any cracks or imperfections in existing pavement.
Whether you’re starting from scratch or transforming dull, tired, or small pavement into something truly remarkable, we’ll help you get there.
Overlaying or Stamping Existing Concrete Surfaces
Did you know that you can make your boring cement driveway, walkway, patio or pool deck look like golden sandstone, elegant slate, red brick, crushed glass, or even wood? Or that you can even add beautiful designs and patterns—all without ripping it out and starting over?
Stamps and overlays can give simple concrete almost any kind of look you want to achieve, including taking on the appearance of other materials. And you won’t have to give up the huge benefits of working with concrete, either, such as great durability, flexible size and shape requirements, easy care, eco-friendliness, and low cost.
Building Outdoor Living Spaces
Do you want your backyard to be the real center of family life three seasons per year? Let Bosch’s help you build it!
We have a ton of experience developing awesome patios, outdoor kitchen spaces, and other community spaces perfect for enjoying a family meal, entertaining guests, or just relaxing in the cool breeze with a good book.
In addition to laying down an awesome, beautiful patio, how about a built-in central firepit? You might also love “sitting walls” around all or part of the patio to create hassle-free extra seating (no need to pull out the deck chairs) and a touch of privacy.
Hardscaping Projects to Consider
Examples of some kinds of projects we’ve helped other customers with in the past include:
- New or expanded patios. Wish you had a patio? Or that your current one was bigger, in order to accommodate the entire family for al fresco dining—or maybe even your very own outdoor kitchen? We can repair, replace, or add one to your outdoor space!
- Making that patio beautiful! You don’t have to choose between ordinary (but affordable) concrete or expensive, high-maintenance materials like brick, marble, or sandstone. With a stamped or overlaid concrete design, you can have the best of both worlds—concrete’s easy care, durability, and low cost with decorative overlay, design, and coloring that matches your unique sense of style.
- Sitting walls. A sitting wall is a perfect choice for the edge of your patio. Not only will it add a little visual interest and privacy, but it also gives family and friends a comfy place to rest and enjoy the sun (or a bite to eat) even when chairs and spots around the table are limited!
- Installing a fire pit. A permanent stone fire pit offers a safer, more convenient, and more attractive alternative to a portable one. And it’s perfect for those crisp, starry autumn nights here in West Michigan!
- Putting in a water feature. A small pond or bubbling fountain can be an incredibly soothing and relaxing feature for your outdoor oasis!
The Importance of Proper Planning
While flowers and shrubs can be replanted, grass reseeded, and other natural elements redone relatively easily, most hardscape elements are a lot more “permanent.” Moreover, the hardscaping really needs to be in place first, before remaking the softer elements.
In other words, you’ll want to make absolutely sure you get it right the first time!
And there’s a lot more to consider than you might first realize. A new patio might look great, but how does it affect the drainage patterns in your yard? Will water backflow into the basement? Will retaining walls hold up over time? Will it start to sink into the ground after a few years?
Our landscape design team excels at helping our clients build a mixed-use environment with both hardscape and softscape elements—one that will not only deliver everything you want in your landscaping, but will also stand the test of time.
Consult Bosch’s Landscaping in Holland, MI for a full array of landscape design services. From your dreams to the final installation, let our experts help you turn your outdoor area into a beautiful place that fits your preferences, lifestyle, and budget. Call our office today at (616) 399-6861, or reach us by email or through our contact form online. We can do what you can dream!